To realize high-level design and rapid development of chemical reactions
The current trial-and-error approach to the development of new chemical reactions is time-consuming and inefficient. The ICReDD uses state-of-the-art reaction path search methods based on quantum chemical calculations* and applies concepts of information science in order to extract meaningful information for experiments, thus narrowing down optimal experimental conditions. This approach enables “pinpointing” promising experiments.
In addition, data obtained by the experimental scientists is circulated back to the computational scientists to realize high-level design and rapid development of chemical reactions. We hope to establish the new academic field “CReDD” which will allow efficiently developing advanced chemical reactions and materials. The integrated research on “CReDD” should lead to the development of highly efficient chemical reactions that should afford high-value-added chemicals with applications in agro- and environmental chemistry, pharmaceutical and materials science, medical technology, as well as energy and resource management. The target reactions and molecules are carefully selected based on the impact to the society through discussion among broad research communities and with many companies.
- To create high value-added reactions useful for society.
- To develop new materials based on chemical reactions.
- To design and discover cellular and biological reactions for applications in advanced medical care.
The establishment of the CReDD, and the collaborations at MANABIYA
- To establish the new academic field “CReDD” that integrates computational, information and experimental sciences in order to accelerate the efficiency of the development of new chemical reactions which is indispensable for a prosperous and sustainable future of humanity.
- To establish the MANABIYA system to educate young researchers and graduate students in order to realize a global circulation system for world-class scientists in the integrative research area “CReDD” .
- To implement organizational reform of the university centering on the establishment of the new graduate school “CReDD” .
Young researchers and students from domestic and overseas collaboration institutes stay at the ICReDD for about three months, mastering the new reaction development method through collaborative research, and each researcher will utilize it in the future. After 10 years, the MANABIYA network will comprise several hundreds of researchers, which will support the further development of this new field.