About the Research
Mathematical modelling of plant hormone flow
Modelling, plant cells, single cell model, auxin
Due to the uncertainties in root developments, many have turned to modelling to better understand the mechanisms and flow of biomolecules that aids root growth. With the aid of modelling, we hope to understand the role and mode of movement of auxin within plant roots.
See my CV.
Representative Research Achievements
- Ca(II) binding regulates and dominates the reactivity of a transition‐metal‐ion‐dependent diesterase from Mycobacterium tuberculosis
Pedroso, M.M., Larrabee, J.A., Ely, F., Gwee, S.E., Mitić, N., Ollis, D.L., Gahan, L.R. and Schenk, G., Chemistry–A European Journal, 2016, 22(3), 999-1009
- An improved model for malaria pigment and β‐hematin: Fe (OEP) picrate
Puntharod, R., Haller, K.J., Robertson, E.G., Gwee, E.S., Izgorodina, E.I. and Wood, B.R., Journal of Raman Spectroscopy, 2017, 48(9), 1148-1157
- Contrasting synergistic heterobimetallic (Na–Mg) and homometallic (Na or Mg) bases in metallation reactions of dialkylphenylphosphines and dialkylanilines: lateral versus ring selectivities
Stevens, M.A., Hashim, F.H., Gwee, E.S., Izgorodina, E.I., Mulvey, R.E. and Blair, V.L., Chemistry–A European Journal, 2018, 24(58), 15669-15677
- Raman spectroscopy as a tool for tracking cyclopropane fatty acids in genetically engineered Saccharomyces cerevisiae
Kochan, K., Peng, H., Gwee, E.S., Izgorodina, E., Haritos, V. and Wood, B.R., Analyst, 2019, 144(3), 901-912
- Influence of DFT Functionals and Solvation Models on the Prediction of Far-Infrared Spectra of Pt-Based Anticancer Drugs: Why Do Different Complexes Require Different Levels of Theory?
Gwee, E.S., Seeger, Z.L., Appadoo, D.R., Wood, B.R. and Izgorodina, E.I., ACS omega, 2019, 4(3), 5254-5269