About the Research
Development of new reaction by AFIR
Synthetic organic chemistry , Development of new reaction
See my CV.
Representative Research Achievements
- Synthesis of Bicyclo[1.1.1]pentane (BCP)-Based Straight-Shaped Diphosphine Ligands
H. Takano, H. Katsuyama, H. Hayashi, M. Harukawa, M. Tsurui, S. Shoji, Y. Hasegawa, S. Maeda, T. Mita, Angew. Chem., Int. Ed. 2023, 62, e202303435.
- A Theory-driven Synthesis of Symmetric and Unsymmetric 1,2-Bis(diphenylphosphino)ethane Analogues via Radical Difunctionalization of Ethylene
H. Takano, H. Katsuyama, H. Hayashi, W. Kanna, Y. Harabuchi, S. Maeda, T. Mita, Nat. Commun. 2022, 13, 7034.
- Prediction of High-Yielding Single-Step or Cascade Pericyclic Reactions for the Synthesis of Complex Synthetic Targets
T. Mita, H. Takano, H. Hayashi, W. Kanna, Y. Harabuchi, K. N. Houk, S. Maeda, J. Am. Chem. Soc. 2022, 144, 22985.
- Radical Difunctionalization of Gaseous Ethylene Guided by Quantum Chemical Calculations: Selective Incorporation of Two Molecules of Ethylene
H. Takano, Y. You, H. Hayashi, Y. Harabuchi, S. Maeda, T. Mita, ACS Omega, 2021, 6, 33846-33854.
- Catalytic Enantioselective Synthesis of Axially Chiral Polycyclic Aromatic Hydrocarbons (PAHs) via Regioselective C-C Bond Activation of Biphenylenes
H. Takano, N. Shiozawa, Y. Imai, K. S. Kanyiva and T. Shibata, J. Am. Chem. Soc., 2020, 142, 4714-4722.
- Recent Advances of Biphenylene: Synthesis, Reactions and Uses
H. Takano, T. Ito, K. S. Kanyiva, T. Shibata, Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2019, 2019, 2871–2883.
- Regioselective Activation of a Sterically More Hindered C-C Bond of Biphenylenes Using an Alkene as Both a Directing Group and a Reaction Moiety
H. Takano, T. Ito, K. S. Kanyiva, T. Shibata, Chem. Eur. J., 2018, 24, 15173–15177.
- DFT Studies on the Mechanism of the Iridium-Catalyzed Formal [4 + 1] Cycloaddition of Biphenylene with Alkenes
H. Takano, N. Sugimura, K. S. Kanyiva, T. Shibata, ACS Omega, 2017, 2, 5228–5234.
- Iridium-Catalyzed Formal [4+1] Cycloaddition of Biphenylenes with Alkenes Initiated by C-C Bond Cleavage for the Synthesis of 9,9-Disubstituted Fluorenes
H. Takano, K. S. Kanyiva, T. Shibata, Org.Lett., 2016, 18, 1860-1863.
- Press Release It Takes Two: cooperating catalysts provide new route for utilizing formate salts
- Press Release Automated chemical reaction prediction: now in stereo
- Method for automated reaction path search of photoredox reactions enables determination of the Knowles hydroamination mechanism
- Press Release Simplified process shines light on new catalyst opportunities
- Press Release Simulations provide map to treasure trove of fluorinated compounds
- Press Release CO2 recycling and efficient drug development—tackling two problems with one reaction
- MANABIYA Manuscript Platinum(II) chiral diene catalyst enables enantioselective [4+2] cycloaddition via Pt(II)/Pt(IV) cycle
- Computational-chemistry-guided development of the difunctionalization of ethylene gas: selective incorporation of two ethylene molecules
- Carboxylation of a Palladacycle Formed via C(sp3)–H Activation: AFIR Theory‐Driven Reaction Design
- Computationally Designed Synthesis of Difluoroglycine Derivatives from Amines, Difluorocarbene, and Carbon Dioxide